Saturday, November 6, 2010

Some thoughts on the Health Care battle



Stop me if I'm wrong but is John Boehner on our side? He wants to stop the health care bill that was voted on last year. I understand this fear of socialized medicine. I am a self payer. That means I don't work for the government or a big company that gives me health care insurance. I don't look forward to big fat pension or double dipping into retirement. Again I am self pay, which means I am a "have not". It seems it is "The Have Nots" against "The Haves". Or maybe it is the other way around.

Anyway yesterday I received a letter from Medical Mutual my health care insurance. This letter was to inform me about what to expect with the new health care reform. I was a little nervous when I started reading it. In fact, I waited to read it when I had time to really think about what I was about to read.

I was shocked by how wonderful the news was! In this new reform;


1
.I am allowed to go to the doctor and get immunizations without charge.
2.I am allowed to get preventive health care with out charge!
3.My son can be on my insurance until he is 26 years old.
4.If I have a child that has health issues they have to insure him until age 19.
5.They are no longer allowed to put a lifetime cap on my insurance just a yearly one.

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this
?

I have been afraid to go to the doctor for over two years. Every time I have gone it has cost me big bucks! Once my doctor wanted a test done and told me to go to a certain place to get it. I had to pay for the test out of pocket because of some insurance double talk that made the place I got the test not to be covered. Do you think my doctor would call me back after I got the bill? Do you think the insurance company cared? No, it took me two years to pay it off!

Am I missing something here about Health care? I was thrilled with the news I received yesterday. John Boehner can you please explain to me why this is bad?

No comments: